• At 8:30 AM ET, Gross Domestic Product, 4th quarter 2021 (Advance estimate). The consensus is that real GDP increased 5.4% annualized in Q4.
• Also, at 8:30 AM, The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for a decrease to 260 thousand from 286 thousand last week.
• Also, at 8:30 AM, Durable Goods Orders for December. The consensus is for a 0.5% decrease in durable goods.
• At 10:00 AM, Pending Home Sales Index for December. The consensus is for a 0.3% increase in the index.
• At 11:00 AM, the Kansas City Fed manufacturing survey for January. This is the last of regional manufacturing surveys for January.
On COVID (focus on hospitalizations and deaths):
COVID Metrics NowWeek
AgoGoal Percent fully Vaccinated63.5%—≥70.0%1 Fully Vaccinated (millions)210.9—≥2321 New Cases per Day3627,294756,355≤5,0002 Hospitalized3142,194144,642≤3,0002 Deaths per Day3🚩2,2461,698≤502 1 Minimum to achieve “herd immunity” (estimated between 70% and 85%).
2my goals to stop daily posts,
37-day average for Cases, Currently Hospitalized, and Deaths
🚩 Increasing 7-day average week-over-week for Cases, Hospitalized, and Deaths
✅ Goal met.
Click on graph for larger image.
This graph shows the daily (columns) and 7-day average (line) of positive tests reported.